The UN Security Council will meet Saturday (Apr 14) at Russia’s request to discuss air strikes launched by the United States, France and Britain on Syria in response to a suspected chemical weapons attack. UN Security Council to meet over Syria strikes, photo AFP Secretary-General Antonio Guterres will brief the council during the public meeting scheduled for 1500 GMT (11pm Singapore time), a UN official said. Guterres said in a statement earlier that all countries should “show restraint in these dangerous circumstances and to avoid any acts that could escalate the situation and worsen the suffering of the Syrian people.” Western officials said a barrage of cruise and air-to-land missiles hit what they said were sites linked to chemical weapons development. The one-night operation hit three targets: a scientific research facility in the Damascus area, a chemical weapons storage site west of the city of Homs and a command post near Homs, the US military said. Russia has warned that any military action against Syria would be in violation of international law as it was carried out without UN Security Council approval. At a council meeting on Friday, the United States, Britain and France made the case for military action, arguing that President Bashar… Read full this story
- ROCKETS HIT ISRAEL, LEBANON. Martial law for Jewish state. Dozens dead in borth nations. Beirut cries for ceasefire.
- Trump team remains low-key about failed North Korean missile launch
- The Daily News Candidate Challenge - John Edwards
- The Daily News Candidate Challenge - John McCain
- Gaza's deadliest day: 54 Palestinians dead after Isreali assault
- Obama's speech: Read the full text
- 68 killed or found dead in Iraq suicide bombings
UN Security Council to meet over Syria strikes have 277 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at April 15, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.