Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)With over 1,000 ICOs to date and tales of fortunes won and lost, it is easy to think that if you don’t jump on that train before it leaves the station, you will have missed your crypto fortune, to add to your dot-com loss. However, in many cases it may be that your train hasn’t been purchased yet, nor the track laid. The crypto Pied Pipers want your money in order to build their promised train-set, with the added bonus of making some of them very rich. It is blockchain technology which gives the Pied Pipers the cover of respectability, creativity and wonder.KODAKOneA recent ICO example is the announcement of a proposal to develop KODAKOne (a blockchain technology platform to register photographers’ copyright and help monetise it) and an associated crypto-token, KODAKCoin. WENN Digital, a Delaware company formed in November 2017, is behind all this, not Eastman Kodak (Kodak). Kodak have licensed their brand. An interesting marketing ploy for both companies. They currently have no discernible product (no train nor track).A minimum $25,000 subscription for KODAKCoins comes with the warning that the purchase has “a high degree of risk”, gives no ownership or voting rights in WENN… Read full this story
- The innocent-looking fire risk lurking in your kitchen
- UK stocks shrug off May’s exit, but Brexit risk lurks
- The EU's search for tough cybersecurity standards
- Draft bill on blockchain to be ready by end of 2019
- Terror Hotspot Blacklist Closes Jihadists' Legal Loophole
- Dogs Trust credit card fraud woman Peltz could face jail
- Government cybersecurity scheme backs deep web and AI start-ups
- What’s blocking blockchain?
- President: We need to boost cybersecurity capabilities
- US Homeland chief warns our 5G security at risk from Huawei
Blockchain – Can we trust you? What legal and cybersecurity risks lurk behind the hype? have 291 words, post on www.itproportal.com at May 30, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.