BORIS Johnson flies to America today in a last-ditch diplomatic bid to rescue the Iran nuclear deal. The Foreign Secretary will try to persuade President Donald Trump against scrapping the agreement. The US president has fiercely the deal, which eased sanctions on Tehran in exchange for a pledge to abandon its nuclear weapons programme. Mr Trump will decide on May 12 whether to torpedo the international alliance behind the deal. Bojo will jet in for two days of talks with senior administration officials, including vice president Mike Pence. He will also meet national security adviser John Bolton and key foreign policy leaders in Congress. As well as Iran, Mr Johnson’s talks are expected to cover North Korea – ahead of President Trump’s planned meeting with Kim Jong Un – and the situation in Syria. Mr Trump has threatened to withdraw from a deal signed by the US, China, Russia, Germany, France and Britain which commits Iran to a peaceful nuclear energy programme. MOST READ IN POLITICSPM’S CUSTOMS VOW Theresa May promises to get Britain OUT of the EU Customs Union by 2020 LABOUR ISN’T WORKING Alastair Campbell says Labour is a ‘long way’ off getting into No. 10 clicky divorce… Read full this story
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
- MICHAEL BURLEIGH: Bashar Al Assad - the tyrant who drowned his nation in blood - is the real winner in Donald Trump's decision to pull out of Syria
- The insanity of Trump's surrender in Syria as Russia gleefully moves in with Assad's forces to defend the Kurds
- The Political Ploy of Fear
- CS Lewis and the Chronicles of Narnia
Boris Johnson will fly to the US today in an attempt to rescue the Iran nuclear deal have 282 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 4, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.