Tom HerbertTuesday 15 May 2018 9:07 pm Share this article with Facebook Share this article with Twitter Share this article with Google Plus Share this article through email Share this article with Whatsapp Share this article through A billionaire CEO has risked sparking outrage after claiming that Britain is ‘wasting time’ on the gender pay gap. Michael Spencer, said to be worth more than £1,000,000,000, said companies are being distracted by having to provide pay-gap reports and should instead focus on Brexit. New Look reviews pricing after being accused of ‘fat tax’Mr Spencer, founder of NEX Group PLC, argued that more focus needs to be placed on what will happen after Brexit, such as limiting any aftershocks and keeping companies’ access to EU customers. The 62-year-old Remain voter told Bloomberg: ‘We find ourselves wasting time with things like the gender pay-gap review, which I found thoroughly misleading. He also disagreed with quotas for women, saying advocates assume that all or most men are prejudiced. ‘I’m very much against quotas,’ he added. ‘It’s creating almost a stigma that the whole of the business community has prejudices. Advertisement Advertisement ‘If you are a white middle-aged bloke, you have to have prejudices. I… Read full this story
- How women work for FREE from now until the end of the year because of the gender pay gap
- New gender pay gap tool shows you how much more your male colleagues get paid
- What is gender pay gap reporting, what’s the UK wage gap and what did the BBC salaries list reveal?
- Google accused of 'systemic' gender pay gaps
- Revisiting the gender pay gap in Europe
- We need to follow Iceland’s footsteps and turn up the heat to close UK pay gap
- ‘Pro-family’ programs won’t shrink pay gap
- Sanders proposes new tax to target companies with large pay gaps
- Pay gap is really the mother of all gender issues as row boils down to motherhood – everything else is just noise
- Who is Wissam Al Mana? Billionaire CEO divorcing wife Janet Jackson three months after the birth of their child
Britain is ‘wasting time’ on the gender pay gap, billionaire CEO claims have 339 words, post on metro.co.uk at May 15, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.