KUALA LUMPUR: News of an extraordinary political upset for Barisan Nasional came through slowly after polls for Malaysia's 14th General Election (GE14) closed. Mahathir Mohamad, leader of the Pakatan Harapan coalition, claimed victory for Anwar Ibrahim's Parti Keadilan Rakyat, under whose flag the Pakatan Harapan coalition parties contested under. Where many have called the win a " shock victory ", in fact, there were early signs of voter concerns that Pakatan paid close attention to and worked hard at addressing to gain the electoral advantage. DATA HELPED PAKATAN NARROW FOCUS Recognition must go to Rafizi Ramli's think tank Invoke Malaysia for being among the first to shine a spotlight on the silent majority yearning for change and predicting the BN's collapse. Amid huge scepticism, Invoke had gained recognition with their surveys of registered voters, and received major crowdfunding from many ordinary Malaysians. Those inclined toward data would have sat up and seen these as early signals of a reticent yet dissatisfied majority – a sign that Pakatan clearly paid close attention to. Many other groups of data had long suggested that Malaysians have been feeling the economic pinch. Despite feel-good headline GDP figures, a more nuanced appreciation of other figures presented a… Read full this story
- Modi joins Putin, Jinping in Forbes top 10 most powerful people list
- Follow the data: does a legal document link Brexit campaigns to US billionaire?
- At least 22 transgender people have been killed this year. But numbers don't tell the full story
- How Paul Manafort Took Over the Trump Campaign
- How Trump has given Biden a major campaign boost
- Learning to love imbalance in strategy games
- Mutua, Ruto assassination claims are part of bigger political strategy
- The Flare Path Dissects Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa
- Facebook data row: Cambridge Analytica academic a 'scapegoat'
- Platform Strategy Institute Launches Platform Talent 2020
Commentary: Pakatan Harapan’s successful campaign strategy, informed by data, powered by people have 300 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 11, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.