FAR-LEFT Labour activists reportedly disrupted a minute’s silence for Tessa Jowell because she was a close ally of Tony Blair. Some members of the party’s Hampstead and Kilburn branch are said to have opposed the room standing to commemorate the late ex-Cabinet minister, who died of cancer earlier this month. Former Labour cabinet minister Baroness Tessa Jowell gives emotional speech in House of Lords about her brain tumour and NHS And they then called for a rival minute’s silence for the victims of Gaza instead after muttering through the attempt to mark the life of the Baroness and former Culture Secretary. The 70-year-old, widely credited with helping make the London 2012 Olympics in London such a success, suffered a brain haemorrhage on May 11, and died the following day after a battle with brain cancer. Her daughter-in-law Ella Mills, founder of Deliciously Ella, said she would “live forever in the centre of their souls”. After being diagnosed with a glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour in May last year, she campaigned for more experimental treatments to be available for cancer sufferers in the last months of her life. But at a meeting last week of the branch in North London, which is divided between a… Read full this story
- Labour SUSPENDS Jeremy Corbyn after he DOWNPLAYS damning anti-Semitism report that found party 'harassed and discriminated against Jews' under him and instead blames his opponents for 'overstating the problem'
- Ex-London mayor Ken Livingstone is savaged by official anti-Semitism report for 'unlawful harassment' of Jewish Labour members when he defended MP over anti-Israel Facebook post - but he blames 'political opponents' and the media
- Labour civil war 2.0: Union baron Len McCluskey leads hard-left revolt that could SPLIT the party after defiant Jeremy Corbyn was suspended for extraordinary statement dismissing anti-Semitism report
- Read the piece The Intercept refused to run: GLENN GREENWALD'S blistering attack on the US media's conspiracy of silence over Hunter Biden's laptops and the serious questions Joe still has to answer over son's sketchy Chinese and Ukrainian business deals
- Woman charged over XR's printing press blockade is 45-year-old British 'ISIS Jihadi bride' who claims she was just a volunteer interpreter in Syria before returning to UK to live on a canal boat while claiming benefits
- Welcome to Europe: Smiling Tunisian terrorist poses for photo on the day he arrived in Italy on a migrant boat - just a month before he beheaded a woman and killed two more Catholics in church massacre in France
- Home Secretary Priti Patel promises 'biggest overhaul of asylum system in decades'
- How sports got political in 2020: From Giants’ ‘difficult’ talks to Warriors’ enlightenment
- Exclusive–Leaked Document: Leftists Fear Trump May Win Minnesota, Plot Post-Election ‘Mass Mobilization’
- The 100 best films on Amazon Prime to watch right now
Far-left Labour activists disrupt minute’s silence for Tessa Jowell as she was Tony Blair’s ally have 452 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 28, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.