What a World Cup it’s been! Penalties, VAR , own goals, counter-attacks and just lots of lovely goals all over the place – it’s been great fun. But who has impressed so far? Who looks good to make it all the way to the final? Are there any surprises? Having watched every single game so far, here’s a run-down of all 32 teams. 32. Saudi Arabia After a promising opening five minutes full of Barcelona-esque tip-tap football and fluid movement, Saudi Arabia put in one of the worst international performances I’ve ever seen. The centre-backs couldn’t string a pass together, the wide players showed some fantastic first-touches and then gave the ball away immediately, offered no threat going forward and let an extremely ordinary Russia score five past them. If they’d been playing Mexico the referee would probably have stopped the game 60 minutes in to prevent it becoming a humanitarian crisis. 31. Panama Tried really hard, were fortunate with some refereeing decisions but ultimately offered little resistance to Belgium, who made Panama look better than they are by hitting aimless long balls and being sloppy in midfield. Had a few promising moments but won’t get out of the group. 30…. Read full this story
- Ryder Cup wives’ parade and pain of Fujikawa show golf is still out of touch
- The stirring journey of a team of nomads
- Real Madrid are threatening even without Ronaldo: Ter Stegen
- Rogers Cup: Serena and Osaka to meet for first time since 2018 US Open final
- Five youngest ever players to play for Arsenal
- Coronavirus: Professional tennis facing crucial test as Roland Garros breaks ranks
- Kobe Bryant left deep legacy in LA sports, basketball world
- Federico Valverde: Manchester United target with a $900 million release clause
- At home but no vacation
- 'I don't want cricket to be a nine-to-five job'
Ranking every World Cup 2018 team, after one game each have 295 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at June 20, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.