MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A woman whose life sentence was commuted by President Donald Trump thanked him on Thursday for “having mercy” and said reality TV star Kim Kardashian West saved her life. After flexing his clemency powers once again, Trump tweeted: “Good luck to Alice Johnson. Have a wonderful life!” And “BEST NEWS EVER!!!!” was the exuberant Twitter response from Kardashian West, who visited the White House last week to press the case. Johnson, 63, spent more than two decades serving life without parole. She was released hours after the White House announced that Trump had commuted her sentence, running to greet her family with her arms opened wide for a group hug outside the federal prison in Aliceville, Alabama. On Thursday morning, she saw her first sunrise in years at home in Memphis, Tennessee. “I’d like to say, President Trump, thank you for having mercy upon me. Thank you for taking the time to look at my case, and feel like I deserve a second chance in life. I promise I will not let you down,” Johnson said in an Associated Press interview. As for Kardashian West, Johnson said, “Kim, I love you. Thank you. You have literally… Read full this story
- The Latest: Woman released after Trump commutes sentence
- Ohio governor commutes sentence of sex trafficking survivor spotlighted by Kim Kardashian West
- Florida woman in fraud case among those with Trump clemency
- Donald Trump 'congratulates' attorney general Bill Barr for overruling demand to jail Roger Stone for nine years saying case 'perhaps should not even have been brought' as Democrats demand inquiry into 'interference'
- Kim Kardashian Says She Wasn’t Worried About Her ‘Reputation’ While Meeting with President Trump
- Michael Cohen, President Trump’s Former Attorney, To Be Released From Prison Thanks To COVID-19
- After much-hyped commutation, Memphis woman begins new life
- Kardashian West & woman Trump freed say they won’t stop now
- Trump team targets Democratic advantage with people of color
- Donald Trump furiously defends his handling of coronavirus and plays video of Andrew Cuomo praising him that annoys him by stopping early - and then compares himself to Abraham Lincoln
Woman thanks Trump for 'mercy' in commuting her sentence have 346 words, post on atlantadailyworld.com at June 8, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.