William Westhoven Morristown Daily Record Published 9:36 p.m. UTC Jul 6, 2018 ROXBURY — Three days after embarking on its largest cat rescue operation, St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center had wrangled about 100 at-risk felines that had overtaken a Sussex County home. By Friday, 172 cats were cooling their paws at the center’s Noah’s Ark Campus on Route 10. “And counting,” said Kathleen Schatzmann, president and chief operating officer of the nonprofit organization. “That number is likely to grow.” “That’s a lot of cats,” said Becky Burton, St. Hubert’s vice president of direct animal care. The rescue began on June 26 at the Sussex County home of an elderly man whose wife died, leaving an unknown number of cats in his charge for more than a year. “He was doing his best to feed and provide water for the animals, but it had really gotten out of control,” Schatzmann said. “He was unable to care for the animals that were on the property, and the population exploded.” Story continues below gallery Anticipating a sizzling heat wave, authorities aware of the situation called St. Hubert’s for help. “Our folks went out trapping and within three days they had 100 cats,” Schatzmann said. Sharing spaces in a… Read full this story
- How Spider-Man: Far From Home’s Big Twist Played Out in the Comics
- Mummified Body of Elderly Man Found in Apartment 11 Years After He Died
- Elderly Tennessee Man Protected from Venomous Snake by New Shelter Cat: 'I Think the Lord Sent the Cat to Us to Save My Dad'
- Couple pay £20k to clone beloved cat that's been with them since they're newlyweds
- Hawaiian man dies after falling into a lava tube hidden in his backyard
- Up to FOURTEEN care home workers are reported living in one small house as police investigating 'modern slavery' arrest three men
- After losing our home to wildfire: a year of loss and change
- Florida Man Puts Landlord, 70, in Headlock, Scratches His Face After Being Told He Takes Too Many Showers
- A man dies in Hawaii after falling into a lava tube in his yard
- Touch down! First Thomas Cook holidaymakers make it home on £100m airlift as Britain's biggest peacetime repatriation effort swings into gear after collapse of holiday company
172 cats rescued from 'overwhelmed' elderly man's Sussex County home have 364 words, post on eu.northjersey.com at July 6, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.