An 80-year-old man died early Sunday after he was shot following an argument with neighbors over fireworks, the Wise County Sheriff’s Office said. Deputies were dispatched about 10:30 p.m. Saturday to a residence in the 200 block of Church Street in Lake Bridgeport where a man had been shot.Edward Cordero went to his neighbor’s home to complain about the fireworks they were setting off and an argument started. Cordero told the group that he was going back to his house to get a gun, Wise County Sheriff Lane Akin said.One of the men in the group, a 33-year-old whose name has not been released, went to grab a gun out of his vehicle, Akin said. Cordero reportedly returned and fired the first shot. The 33-year-old shot back, striking Cordero in the head, the sheriff said. He was transported by AirEvac to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, where he died. The Tarrant County medical examiner’s office ruled that the cause of death was gunshot wounds to the head and right shoulder. No criminal charges have been filed yet. The sheriff’s office and district attorney’s office will discuss possible charges and whether the case will be presented to a grand jury, Akin said.
- Suspect Fatally Shot By Idaho Police ID'd As Pleasanton Man
- Parkland high school shooting: At least 17 killed, suspect in custody, Florida sheriff says
- VIDEO: Pasco County deputies capture man wanted for armed carjacking
- Girlfriend of Kansas man who wounded 2 lawmen enters plea
- Man who was left paralyzed from the neck down by a Charleston police officer after being shot in his own home when cops mistook him for an intruder is awarded just $750K
- Why American cops are mystified by the cold-blooded shooting of an Australian man who died protecting his wife and kids, one and three, from home intruders who broke in while they slept
- Desperate neighbour tried to revive Aussie father, 29, shot dead by home invaders in Texas - as police announce $25,000 reward to find his killers
- Heartbroken dad of Australian NFL hopeful who was shot dead in a hail of bullets in his own home arrives in Texas to make funeral arrangements
- Fort Worth Police Have More Violence to Answer For, Residents Say
- Police Release Details On Pleasanton Man Shot Dead In Idaho
Armed elderly man who complained about neighbor's fireworks fatally shot, Wise County sheriff says have 376 words, post on www.dallasnews.com at July 7, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.