Kate wore a yellow sheath dress for Wimbledon and Meghan sported a similar look a week earlier, which immediately sold out. US First Lady Melania Trump modelled primrose for dinner with the PM at Blenheim Palace, and global colour design force Pantone put bold yellow Meadlowlark at the top of its spring/summer list as a “lively, confident, joy-filled” shade. Yellow is the colour of high summer sun, sunflowers, marigolds and fields of ripening wheat, not to mention parched parks and hayfields. But can yellow cut the mustard with interiors? Lulu Lytle, director of Soane Britain furnishing emporium in Pimlico Road, offers a new clutch of yellow hand-printed wallpapers with delicate, entwined traceries of seaweed, lace and ferns in ochre tones. Yellow has been popular since the Pharaohs, and later Venetians. “There’s a brilliant chrome yellow in Nash’s Brighton Pavilion and a patent yellow in Sir John Soane’s drawing room in Lincoln’s Inn Fields,” says Lytle. Read more How to update your interiors with the most pinned colour of the summer She talks of the “butter yellow” of Monet’s dining room at Giverny; the “soft Jurassic limestone of Cotswold houses” and the pale translucent yellow of a primrose. On the high… Read full this story
- Happy birthday HRH! Royal family releases three new portraits of Princess Anne resplendent in evening gowns and relaxing in the grounds of Gatcombe Park to celebrate her 70th
- Making themselves at home! Eagle-eyed royal fans spot 'paint swatches' on the wall behind Prince Harry in latest video from his and Meghan Markle's new $14.65 million Californian mansion
- 15 Summer Strawberry Desserts That Will Make Your Mouth Water
- Royal Navy is called in to help Border Force police the Channel for the first time this year as more than 1,000 migrants cross in 10 days
- These Home Tie-Dye Kits Add Color to Your Boring Basics
- Teenager reveals how she became suicidal after her family's home was lost to a bushfire - amid worrying spike in number of young people suffering from depression in fire-ravaged areas
- Prince George & Princess Charlotte's school uniform - get their Back to School look
- Remember Kate Middleton's white summer blouse? Topshop has the perfect lookalike
- The yellow dress that looks exactly like Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton’s - but it’s under £40
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2020: Kajol’s Dark Green Saree Or Yellow Suit, Which One Will You Pick?
how to brighten up your home with summer's hottest hue — as yellow gets the royal seal of approval have 390 words, post on www.homesandproperty.co.uk at July 25, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.