Localities in the Central and Central Highlands regions have been allocated over VND718 trillion (nearly US$31.1 billion) under the Programme 135 in 2018 – Illustrative image (Source:VNA) The regions’ localities are coordinating with relevant departments and sectors to approve a list of projects to be funded, while conducting the construction of hundreds of infrastructure projects related to transport, electricity, irrigation, and schools in disadvantaged areas, Duc said. Lam Dong province reported the highest rate of disbursement for building infrastructure facilities in extremely disadvantaged communes and villages in the first half of 2018, reaching 62% of the set plan. Poor households in the regions have also been provided with free seeds, animal breed and agricultural materials; offered training courses on agriculture and forestry development; and supported with building production development models, thus improving the income for regional residents and promoting poverty reduction. Duc said the effort to reduce the poverty rate in ethnic minorities and mountainous areas has shown substantial results, with the average rate of poor households in these regions now down to 14.4%. The Programme 135 launched in 1999, aims to improve living conditions for rural residents with a particular focus on ethnic minority communities. A total of 2,139… Read full this story
- MU Law School sets out to 'MAP' the region
- Mexican security and railway damage curbs flow of Central Americans to U.S.
- Central Park's on a movie role
- Jon Stewart's The Daily Show and The Colbert Report return to Comedy Central
- KY all-state, all-region soccer honors
- Maryville football gets 4 TDs from Dylan Hopkins, beats Bradley Central for region title
- Five Takeaways: Brookfield Central 31, Brookfield East 0
- Trump has Mexico and Central America on notice over border
- UPDATE 1-Nigeria to charge banks $1.3 bln for failing to meet loan deadline -sources
- UPDATE 2-Nigeria to charge banks $1.3 bln for failing to meet loan deadline - sources
US$31.1 bln under Prog 135 for Central, Central Highlands regions have 299 words, post on english.vov.vn at July 5, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.