WASHINGTON (BLOOMBERG) – United States President Donald Trump raised US$17.7 million (S$24.2 million) during the second quarter through three committees that are backing his 2020 re-election bid, his campaign announced. Trump’s main committee collected US$8.3 million of the total, and it had US$33 million cash on hand at the end of June. The haul was fueled by small-dollar donors – those giving US$200 or less – who contributed 98.5 per cent of the amount, the campaign said on Sunday (July 15). Trump Victory, which raises money from big contributors and hosts events with a few hundred donors who contribute US$50,000 and more, reported to the Federal Election Commission it raised US$4.6 million. Its top donor during the second quarter was Andrew Beal, a Texas banker and real estate investor who was a member of Trump’s campaign economic advisory team. Beal gave US$339,000 in late April, records show. Trump Make America Great Again Committee, which focuses on small donors, runs the official store for campaign gear such as hats and other merchandise branded with Trump’s signature slogan. It raised US$10.2 million during the quarter, according to its FEC report. ‘RESOUNDINGLY APPROVE’ Both committees split their receipts between Trump’s campaign and the… Read full this story
- Chinese App Ban: China Criticises US President Donald Trump Order Against Eight Apps
- Recapping President Donald Trump's Four Years in Office
- Donald Trump could be heading for his second major defeat on healthcare
- President Donald Trump Casts an Early—Hardly Secret—Ballot in Florida: 'I Voted for a Guy Named Trump'
- President Donald Trump Acquitted in Senate Impeachment Trial - Though 1 Republican Voted to Convict
- California man torched haystacks displaying Donald Trump and Devin Nunes campaign signs, police say
- Ivanka Trump fury over ex-President Donald Trump's 'refusal to trust his children'
- Anti-Trump Republicans Blow Away Challengers In Second-Quarter Fundraising
- What you need to know about the impeachment inquiry into US President Donald Trump
- Hassan raises record $3.25M in second quarter
US President Donald Trump Raises US$17.7 million for campaign, party in second quarter have 315 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at July 15, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.