Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam’s national women’s football team thrashed host Indonesia 6-0 in their first match at the 2018 ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Women’s Championship on July 3.
The team started the match with its strongest line-up. Huynh Nhu scored the first goal for the Vietnamese team just two minutes after the whistle.
The score was 3-0 for Vietnam in the first half, with two more goals made by Nguyen Van and Hai Yen in the 28th and 41st minute, respectively.
In the second half of the match, Indonesia was unable to push the ball towards the Vietnam side while Vietnam showed no sign of slowing its attack. The Vietnamese women had the fourth goal in the 48th minute scored by Thai Thao.
Four minutes later, Huynh Nhu scored her second goal and Tuyet Dung’s goal in the 63rd minute settled the match at 6-0 for Vietnam, the champion of the 29th Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 29).
With this result, Vietnam took the top spot in Group B. In earlier matches of Group B, host Indonesia was held to a scoreless draw by Singapore, while Myanmar thrashed the Philippines 4-0.
- Vietnam, Thailand drawn in same group at 2019 AFF U22 Championship
- Phung represents Vietnam to play at Women’s World Chess Champ 2018
- KU defeats UCF in women's doubles play
- Eagles suffer heavy defeat at start of Championship Shield campaign
- Vietnam in Group E of AFC U19 Women’s Championship
- BWF World Championships 2018: A look at the biggest contenders for the men's singles title
- WAFF Boys' Championships 2018: Indian Colts stamp authority with 3-0 win over Yemen
- WAFF Boys' Championships 2018: Scoring against Iraq in the 93rd minute was special, says coach Bibiano
- Hurdles in realizing Indonesia`s predicted future
- Indonesia aims to rank seventh in Asian Para Games