Adam Bienkov, provided by Published 4:20 am PDT, Thursday, August 9, 2018 Getty Boris Johnson is to be investigated by an independent panel established by the Conservative party, following his comments about Muslim women who wear burqas. The former foreign secretary compared women who wear the items to “letter boxes” and bank robbers. The panel will consider whether Johnson should be disciplined following a deluge of complaints against him. Johnson has so far refused requests to apologise for the comments. LONDON — Boris Johnson is to be placed under an official investigation by the Conservative party following a deluge of public complaints about his comments comparing Muslim women who wear burqas to “letter boxes” and bank robbers. Recommended Video: Now Playing: Theresa May has rebuked Boris Johnson over controversial comments he made about the dress of some Muslim women. The British prime minister said her former foreign minister had caused offence and indicated that she agreed he should apologise. The furore follows an article Johnson wrote for the Daily Telegraph on Monday. Referring to the burka, he said “it is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes”. He added that if “a female student turned… Read full this story
- Revealed: Boris Johnson 'deliberately tripped' into river for publicity – 'no accident'
- Decorating Scandal Engulfs Boris Johnson and Puts Fiancée in Spotlight
- Boris Johnson 'sorry for offence' caused by burqa 'letterbox' jibe as Tory PM rivals clash
- Brexit LIVE: Brexiteer rock legend Roger Daltrey erupts at Boris Johnson's EU deal
- Coronavirus UK news – Boris Johnson optimistic on FALLING Covid cases but states ‘we are not out of the woods yet’
- Letters: Boris Johnson relies on a lucky dip of ideas, excuses and catchy slogans
- Is Boris Johnson’s girlfriend Carrie Symonds behind his 12lbs weight loss for leadership?
- Britain Placed Under a Virtual Lockdown by Boris Johnson
- Boris Johnson's final text to Jennifer Arcuri 'disclosed' in bombshell book
- Boris Johnson investigation: PM faces new probe into Mustique trip over MPs rules breach
Boris Johnson placed under Conservative party investigation for comparing Muslim women in burqas to 'letter boxes' have 326 words, post on www.sfgate.com at August 9, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.