IT’S arguably one of the most recognisable flags in the world – but Donald Trump appeared to have a tough time remembering his nation’s emblem on Friday. The US President was visiting a children’s hospital in Ohio when he joined a colouring in activity – but his efforts have been mercilessly mocked online. The US flag, known as the Old Glory, is made up of 13 red and white stripes and a blue rectangle in one corner filled with 50 white stars to represent each state. But the 72-year-old – with a face of pure concentration – seemed to add an extra blue stripe in pictures inadvertently shared by Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar. Twitter users were quick to point out that it looked much closer to the Russian flag, which is made up of three horizontal layers of white, blue and red. One wrote: “Maybe it’s not so wrong – looks like a poor attempt at the Russian flag.” Another said: “The kids are coloring American flags. Trump is coloring…a Russian flag.” But not everyone thought he had messed up, in fact some said the ridicule was “petty” and pointed out it was merely a colouring activity with… Read full this story
- Donald Trump mocked on Twitter after appearing to take credit for aviation safety
- Donald Trump Jr 'likes' post attacking Florida school shooting survivor
- Donald Trump mocks ‘rocket man’ Kim Jong-un in Twitter jibe at North Korea’s nuclear-seeking dictator
- Donald Trump mocked by Marco Rubio for pausing speech to chug water – after calling out senator for doing the same
- Donald Trump mocked after claiming he ‘took a pass’ on being named Time person of the year
- Woman mistaken for Theresa May by Donald Trump ‘amazed he pressed wrong button’ and ‘glad he wasn’t announcing war with North Korea’
- Donald Trump: US abortion laws 'wrong and must change'
- Donald Trump mocks ‘good old Global Warming’ as New York prepares for its coldest New Year’s Eve EVER
- Donald Trump meets victims of Valentine's Day school shooting
- Trump mocked as he appears to forget words to US national anthem
Donald Trump mocked for colouring in the US flag WRONG in front of unimpressed school kids have 352 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.