PUBLISHED: 17:00 26 August 2018
Competition winnner Ellie Clarke, Conor Jackson, CU London’s head of sales and marketing, and Angie Torr, CU London’s library assistant. Picture: CU London
Eastbrook School students took part in a photography competition at Dagenham’s old Civic Centre.
The Grade II listed building, which is now home to Coventry University’s London campus, was taken over by 25 Year 9 pupils who were asked to capture the site as iconically as they could.
The winner was Ellie Clarke, who received a £20 Amazon voucher. Her photo will be hung up at the entrance of the building and it will also be used on CU London’s future marketing material.
Amir Nathan, head of photography at the Dagenham Road school, said: “The competition was a great opportunity for our pupils to learn more about the Civic Centre, which is one of the great buildings in our area.
“We have a lot of talented students who really took to the challenge. It was a great experience for those who took part.”
Andy Ginn, associate pro vice-chancellor at CU London, said: “Giving the pupils a chance to unleash their creative side as well as learning more about the history of this iconic building is something we are proud to have been able to do.”
- William and Kate are to create a new Royal award with launch of photography competition
- Italy to become first country to make learning about climate change compulsory for school students
- Study finds high rate of obesity among primary school students
- Trump administration's proposed ban on flavored e-cigs may FAIL to stop one in four US high school students from vaping - unless it includes mint and menthol flavors used by 60% of US teens, experts warn
- Startup entrepreneurs interact with school students at India International Science Festival
- Lennard High School Student Charged With Making Threats
- Countryfile fans slam BBC as set-up harvest mouse picture wins wildlife photography competition
- City students win laurels at national level maths competition
- Charter School and Public School Students Have Same Academic Performance, Report Finds
- Vietnamese students win big at int'l math competition in Bulgaria