Apple and Google want to help you spend less time on your phone — really. Like that time you checked Facebook at 3 a.m. Stats don’t lie. Their new tools for managing screen time will let you see how often you picked up the phone after bedtime or how long you’re on Instagram at work (shame on you). Apple’s tools also let you control how long your kids spend on their devices, if you’re concerned that screens are taking time away from sleep, homework or exercise. Apple’s tools launch Tuesday as part of the free iOS 12 software update for iPhones, iPads and the iPod Touch. Google’s controls are being tested on its Pixel-branded Android phones. Here’s how the controls work. 40 Years of Apple: A Look Back at Apple Product Evolution Justin Sullivan/Getty Images FOR THE KIDS That latter “Downtime” feature is promising, though it has a few shortcomings. For one thing, it only lets you choose a single block of time during the day, so if you’re blocking late-night hours, you can’t set a separate downtime for school hours. Plus, your selection applies seven days a week; you can’t set different hours for weekends unless you want to… Read full this story
- Movies Anywhere’s new Screen Pass feature will let you loan your digital movies to friends
- Apple’s message: How to use your iPhone less
- Will Apple's plans for an iWatch herald a new era of wearable tech?
- Google launches highly anticipated coronavirus website
- 10 Fun Things Kids And Families Can Do At Home
- Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Twitter and other social media giants team up to combat the spread of coronavirus misinformation as the UK government is slammed for its slow response
- Best Wi-Fi speakers of 2020: Apple, Sonos, Polk and Ikea
- Apple rolls out iOS 13.4 update with iCloud file sharing, universal purchase support and more
- Staying In? Play These New Classic Games With The Whole Family
- The TV Show That Ate Times Square
Apple, Google Roll Out New Screen Time Controls for Adults and Kids have 327 words, post on www.nbcmiami.com at September 18, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.