U.S. Donald Trump President Donald Trump’s beach resort in Miami wants to hire 21 temporary foreign workers, according to requests filed with the Department of Labor that were made public Monday. The requests from the Trump International Beach Resort are for six assistant food and beverage servers and 15 housekeepers who would be employed from December 1, 2018, through September 6, 2019. The food and beverage servers would make $10.34 per hour, a pay decrease from last year’s $11.65 per hour. Housekeepers would make $11 per hour, a slight increase from last year’s $10.64 per hour. Onsite parking for the employees would be provided but at a fee of $34 per month. In addition, a one-time $10 fee for a parking transponder is required that is non-refundable. The work request notes there is a public bus stop within walking distance of the resort. Employee-shared housing is also offered at about $700 per month with a $200 deposit. For a president who often touts his administration’s “America First” initiative and boasts about how well the economy is doing, the practice of hiring temporary foreign workers goes against his past claims that it’s “never been a better time to hire” in the U.S. Recommended Slideshows 76 50… Read full this story
- Foreign workers may not return to Singapore in same numbers as before, say economists
- Koch Network Begs Joe Biden to Import More Foreign Workers to Take U.S. Jobs
- Donald Trump Calls CNN Report of Refusing Meeting With Matt Gaetz 'Completely False'
- Biden’s DHS Giving Business 22K More Foreign Workers as 16.6M Americans are Jobless
- Joe Biden’s Amnesty Bill Encourages Hiring of Foreign Graduates
- How Spring Break Hit Miami Beach Like a Perfect Storm
- Donald Trump's Ambassador to Mexico Offers Surprising Immigration Solutions
- Donald Trump Has Used A Secretive Justice System To Keep Lawsuits Against Him Out Of Court
- RNC Donors Gather To Hear Trump, Others In Palm Beach, The GOP’s ‘New Political Power Center’
- Former President Trump Targets McConnell, Pence During Speech To GOP Donors
Donald Trump’s Miami Beach Resort Wants to Hire 21 Foreign Workers, Some at Pay Decreases have 321 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 11, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.