The Ted Hughes Festival returns to celebrate the life of the late poet laureate on the 20th anniversary of his death with a variety of talks, tours and guided walks. The Elmet Trust has planned a series of events, including a unique opportunity to hear award-winning poet, Simon Armitage, and daughter of Ted, Frieda Hughes read a selection of poems on the first night of the festival.Here’s a selection of what’s on offer:October 19 (4-5.30pm), St. Michael’s Parish Hall, Mytholmroyd. Laura Carlin, illustrator of a recently published edition of The Iron Man will talk about the process of creating her illustrations and their relationship to Hughes’ text.October 19 (7.30-9pm), Hope Baptist Church. An evening of poetry readings by Simon Armitage, patron of the Elmet Trust, and Frieda Hughes.October 20 (11am, 2.30pm and 4pm). Guided tours of the Ted Hughes birthplace in Mytholmroyd, the inspiration for eight of his poems. October 20 (1-4pm). The Festival’s Poetry Café will take place in the Erringden Room of St Michael’s Parish Hall in Mytholmroyd. The event will feature six notable, Yorkshire-based poets, Mark Hinchliffe, Sheila Wild, Charlotte Wetton, Judith Willson, Alison Lock and Neil Clarkson, each of whom will read a selection of their… Read full this story
- Netflix Is Getting Into the Comedy Festival Business
- Holi 2020: When, why is it celebrated in India
- Chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is closing Bristol restaurant River Cottage Kitchen after seven years of trading as he becomes latest victim of 'dining industry crisis'
- Meghan Markle gazes into the eyes of on-screen beloved, as new Suits stills show her love life hotting-up
- Hugh Jackman, Pete Davidson Movies to Screen at Tribeca Film Festival
- Why India needs events like the Sanatkada festival
- A festival of ideas in Lahore
- 25 holidays to reboot your life
- Sali Hughes on Beauty Banks: 'A schoolchild thanked us for shower gel'
- Coronavirus scare: Like PM Modi, why you should avoid celebrating holi
Ted Hughes Festival returns to celebrate life of poet have 315 words, post on www.halifaxcourier.co.uk at September 18, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.