PUBLISHED: 12:20 01 October 2018 | UPDATED: 12:21 01 October 2018 Jessica Frank-Keyes Cromer Soul Club give cheque to Norfolk Centre for Young Musicians (NCYM). Photo: Cromer Soul Club Cromer Soul Club A north Norfolk club has raised more than £1,000 for a charity offering music lessons to young people. Cromer Soul Club promoter and DJ Piers �Hitman� Hawkins presents a cheque to Norfolk Centre for Young Musicians (NCYM) head Juliet Rickard and orchestra conductor David A Stowell. Photo: Cromer Soul ClubThe Cromer Soul Club raised £1,006.85 for the Norfolk Centre for Young Musicians (NCYM) at two Northern soul nights during the summer.Held at Cromer Community Centre, the club’s regular venue, the vinyl-only Keep the Faith nights saw around 100 soul fans attend each one, DJed by Piers Hawkins and Trevor Half-Nelson.The club donated to NCYM, part of the Guildhall School of Music, due to its work with children of all backgrounds, and bursary scheme tackling financial exclusion.And to celebrate the club’s first anniversary, Cromer Soul Club will host an all-day event, from 3pm to midnight, on Saturday, November 3, with proceeds going to mental health charity, Young Minds.Trevor Half-Nelson said: “With nine hours to play, we’ll mix in a… Read full this story
- Rangers fans raise £856,000 for veterans after starting with £1000 target
- West Lothian hosts reunion gig to raise money for charity
- West Lothian man raises £5000 for charity after completing all four Kiltwalks
- St. George Wine Club expanding membership, philanthropic efforts
- Father-of-two starts campaign to record charity song for late wife
- British Cycling revokes Porn Pedallers Cycling Club's riding licence
- Prince Harry's charity Sentebale to host a gig at Kensington Palace – and Coldplay are headlining
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Crooks target Prince Harry's orphans charity
- Legendary guitarist Reggie Young — key sideman to Elvis, Waylon, Willie and more — dead at age 82
- Music is good for our health, so why are musicians suffering so much?
Cromer Soul Club raises £1,000 for Norfolk young musicians charity have 300 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at October 1, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.