It is rare to see a male kindergarten teacher anywhere in Vietnam. But deep in the mountains of the northern province of Yen Bai, some men are smashing the unspoken prejudice by showing they can dance and sing and take care of the children as well as anyone. Teacher Giang A Ly teaches children how to dance. – Photo thanhnien.vn Giang A Ly is a 42-year-old man of the H’Mong ethnic group who grew up in his hometown of Xa Ho Commune in Tram Tau District. It is one of the most remote districts in Yen Bai Province, up to three-and-a-half hours’ drive from the provincial capital Yen Bai City. The tall, dark-haired man dressed in a white T-shirt and old pants could be easily mistaken for a middle-aged white collar employee, except for the fact that two pieces of baby washcloth were hanging partly out of his pants’ pockets. The washcloths were used to clean up the children’s faces every morning after they arrived at the Hoa Hồng kindergarten, Ly explained. “The kids have to walk a long way to get to the kindergarten and their faces all get dirty afterwards,” the teacher told Thanh Nien(Young People) newspaper. “And… Read full this story
- Backlash as UK Bans Volkswagen Ad in First-Ever Gender Stereotypes Ruling After Three Complaints
- Hanoi int'l kindergarten teachers fired for locking child in closet
- Kindergarten teachers vote to accept collective agreement, giving them pay parity
- Kindergartens creatively transformed in rural China
- Swedish cinemas take aim at gender bias with Bechdel test rating
- This is what Playtex’s brand would look like without the male gaze
- Women using IVF to choose the sex of their children break silence on 'gender disappointment'
- Defence bases could be forced to bring in gender-neutral toilets to cater for transgender people
- Teenager, 17, suspended from school after insisting there are ‘only two genders’ reveals he spoke out in protest at ‘dangerous views being forced on pupils’
- Pupil, 17, is thrown out of class and reprimanded by his teacher after saying there are only two genders
Male kindergarten teachers defy gender stereotypes have 345 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 25, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.