A federal judge has ruled that Tesla must defend itself at a trial over allegations it knew foreign workers at its California assembly plant were threatened with deportation if they reported an injury and worked long shifts that violated forced labor laws. US District Judge Lucy Koh, in San Jose, California, dismissed most of the seven claims against Tesla on Monday, but allowed two claims to survive, paving the way for the plaintiffs to seek documents and witnesses to build their case. The decision comes as Tesla is under pressure to turn a profit and days after chief executive officer Elon Musk stepped down as chairman to settle allegations by regulators that he misled investors. Tesla has been plagued with safety complaints brought by workers, allegations that Tesla denies. Workers say that long hours and pressure to deliver vehicles quickly takes a toll, and some have pushed for a union. Tesla said it investigated the allegations and broke ties with a subcontractor, ISM Vuzem, that it said did not live up to its expectations. “We’ve also since improved our supplier contracts and policies to better stop bad behavior,” it said in a statement. According to the lawsuit, Gregor Lesnik of… Read full this story
- 33 foreign workers in Oman face deportation for violating COVID-19 rules
- Woman Arrested After Allegedly Threatening To Decapitate Sen. Susan Collins
- Transcript: Adm. Mike Rogers on "Face the Nation," October 18, 2020
- The Trials of Jeff Sessions: Trump’s Radical Attorney General
- Revealed: Last-minute cancellation of deportation flights costs MILLIONS of pounds a year as Priti Patel vows to try again to deport Jamaican criminals
- Tesla’s first ever diversity report shows white, male leadership
- IDUMUJE-UGBOKO MAYHEM: Countdown to the awaited trial
- As 13 Jamaicans Are Kicked Out By UK, What Are The Most Controversial Deportations In History?
- Saudi Arabia: Women's rights activist 'who was abused and tortured' goes on trial
- Jonathan Van-Tam warns that face masks could be necessary 'for YEARS' despite vaccine and could become as commonplace as in the Far East (before Boris Johnson interrupts to say things WILL get 'back to normal')
Tesla faces trial over allegations it threatened foreign workers with deportation have 340 words, post on nypost.com at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.