World International Affairs Iran’s foreign minister has blasted the U.S. as new sanctions have come into effect, calling the Trump administration an “outlaw regime.” Posting to Twitter on Wednesday, Mohammad Javad Zarif slammed Washington for imposing sanctions on two Iranian banks and a number of companies allegedly linked to Iran’s Basij militia, a volunteer force of the government’s loyalists. He argued that the measure violates a ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ordering the U.S. not to impede humanitarian trade with Tehran. “[The Trump administration has an] utter disregard for rule of law & human rights of an entire people,” Zarif wrote. “[The] U.S. outlaw regime’s hostility toward Iranians [is] heightened by [an] addiction to sanctions,” he added. Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif delivers a speech to the parliament in Tehran on October 7, over a bill to counter terrorist financing. ATTA KENARE/AFP/Getty Images According to the foreign minister, one of the banks targeted is “key to food/medicine import.” He said the U.S. justified the sanctions by an “alleged [link of] EIGHT degrees of separation w/ another arbitrary target.” “All humans on [the] planet are connected by SIX degrees of separation. You do the math,” he added. In a separate statement, the… Read full this story
- Obama Left Trump 'A Horrible Legacy,' Russia's Foreign Minister Says
- Will Conservative Hawks Persuade Trump to Back Regime Change in Iran?
- Trump Administration’s ‘Nerve Center’ for Sanctions Policy Is ‘Depleted’ at the Worst Possible Time
- US Senators Urge Twitter to Ban Iran's Ayatollah, Foreign Minister, Threaten Platform With Sanctions
- Russia foreign minister visits Venezuela as U.S. warns of sanctions reprisal
- US denies Iranian Foreign Minister visa to attend UN meeting
- UPDATE 3-U.S. renews waivers on Iran nuclear work, sanctions Iran's top nuclear official
- Trump Has Made HIs Decision On Iran Nuclear Deal—But He Hasn't Told Anyone Else
- Trump Administration's Reason for Killing Soleimani 'Directly Contradicts' Imminent Threat Claim, Top Democrat Says
- Bay Area Cambodians face deportation amid Trump administration crackdown
Trump Administration Is An 'Outlaw Regime' With An 'Addiction to Sanctions,' Iran's Foreign Minister Says have 337 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.