New government documents have revealed that people with a passport which has less than six months left on it risk being barred from entering Europe if a no-deal Brexit happens. People with passports which are older than nine years and six months have been advised to renew their passport as soon as possible if they want to travel to Europe after March 29, 2019. The Government has released the advice to avoid the possibility of passports not complying with the Schengen Border Code, reports The Mirror. It is possible that some valid British passports will be completely useless in our neighbouring countries if we leave the EU without striking a deal. The documents state: “If you plan to travel to the Schengen area after 29 March 2019, to avoid any possibility of your adult British passport not complying with the Schengen Border Code we suggest that you check the issue date and make sure your passport is no older than 9 years and 6 months on the day of travel. “For example, if you’re planning to travel to the Schengen area on 30 March 2019, your passport should have an issue date on or after 1 October 2009. “If your… Read full this story
- Millions of Britons could be barred from entry to the EU from January unless they renew passports
- Holidays in 2021 after Brexit – how will it affect European travel? Latest advice on passports, visas and driving
- Brits could be banned from European holidays from New Year under Covid travel rules
- Most Britons could be barred from visiting the EU after Brexit under coronavirus travel rules - even if there IS a deal
- Do I have to renew my passport after Brexit? Latest travel advice from January 1
- Number 10 DENIES reports of a Brexit 'major breakthrough' on fishing leaving talks on a knife-edge - after Ireland warned collapse would be 'very costly'
- Brexit news latest – 4 Royal Navy ships set to protect UK fishing waters if Boris Johnson leaves with a No Deal Brexit
- Why don't we have a Brexit deal? The three sticking points explained
Why you need to renew your passport to travel to Europe have 330 words, post on www.derbytelegraph.co.uk at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.