It’s been nearly a year since former Minnesota Sen. Al Franken resigned after he was accused of sexual harassment by eight women. But some of the worst, most influential people in the Democratic Party are still grasping at who’s really to blame for Franken’s fall from grace: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand. Gillibrand, a possible 2020 hopeful who’s led the fight to eradicate sexual harassment from the government and the military for years, was the first Democrat to call for Franken to step down last December. Having lost the support of several colleagues in his own party, Franken resigned the following day. Ever since, Franken fans among the Democratic donor base won’t shut the fuck up about how Gillibrand is somehow bad for this specific reason. First, Republican bogeyman and billionaire George Soros accused Gillibrand of calling for Franken’s ouster to “improve her chances” in a presidential run, calling Franken “someone I admire” and saying he’ll never support the New York senator. Then, HuffPost ran a piece in August where a bunch of top Democratic donors complained not only about Gillibrand’s role in helping to remove a man accused of serial sexual harassment from the Senate, but for also (rightly) saying that former… Read full this story
- Gillibrand, in Iowa, bills herself as a fighter for families
- Bustos says she has reached out to former 2020 hopefuls about boosting House Democrats
- Bernie Sanders to Face Elizabeth Warren in July Democratic Presidential Debate – Report
- Democrats’ nightmare scenario: Who’s Plan B if Clinton tanks?
- Are the Democrats Completely Screwing This Up?
- Obama sent an aide to talk Biden out running for president in 2016 so Hillary Clinton could be the Democratic nominee – and he hasn't endorsed him yet this time around
- Biden reverses stance on abortion funding amid Democratic backlash
- Why Aren’t Democrats Waging an All-Out War to Stop Kavanaugh’s Confirmation?
- Tulsi Gabbard SUES Hillary Clinton for at least $100 MILLION claiming 2016 loser 'smeared' her and ruined her 2020 Democratic campaign by calling her a Russian asset
- Judge Neil Gorsuch’s Rope-a-Dope Act With Democratic Senators
Democratic Party Donors Still Salty at Kirsten Gillibrand for Helping Take Down Al Franken have 342 words, post on splinternews.com at November 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.