I have a confession to make: I spent nearly two decades in a mostly white evangelical church in South Carolina. The staff was mostly white. The pastor was white. The music was, well, mostly white. My son and daughter, now 17 years old and 14 years old, respectively, were dedicated in that church. My wife’s literacy non-profit got a strong start at that church. I still have friends, black and white, who attend that church. I say this to say that I know—intimately—the kind of Trump supporters the writer of this piece is talking about. I know them personally, as well as professionally, given that I was also a leading journalist in that part of South Carolina for two decades. That’s why even though I sympathize with her point, I know it is wrongheaded and futile. There is no safe, or effective, way for a politician to skirt the issue of racism when it comes to white voters who might consider the Democratic Party if politicians did not point out their racism. You can read what Briahna Gray of The Intercept has to say here. But here’s a taste of her argument in a piece titled, “Calling out racist voters… Read full this story
- Fox News’ Baier, Perino Defend Trump Over Racist Roseanne Tweets: Don’t Think He Had ‘Anything to Do’ With Them
- What Was Trump Up to While the Media Was Busy Clutching Their Pearls Over Michelle Wolf’s WHCD Speech?
- Don’t Look Now, But Trump’s Own Media Base is Revolting
- Donald Trump Told His Followers Democrats & Journalists Are the Enemy. We Can’t Be Surprised When They Believe Him.
- Democrats Should Not Fear Impeaching Trump, Even Though He Would Likely Enjoy It
- Trump slams congresswomen; crowd roars, ‘Send her back!’
- Trump Remarks Inspire #CivilWarSignup Hashtag
- Why this latest Trump tactic is different
- Biden parries attacks from rivals in fiery Democratic debate
- Comey's memoir: Trump fixates on proving lewd dossier allegations false
Don't Be Naive: Avoiding Calling Trump Supporters Racist Won't Convince Them to Vote for Democrats have 324 words, post on www.theroot.com at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.