More than 24,000 people take part in the 22nd Terry Fox Run (TFR) in Ho Chi Minh City on November 18 to raise funds for cancer patients in Vietnam. (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNA) – More than 24,000 people took part in the 22nd Terry Fox Run (TFR) in District 7, Ho Chi Minh City on November 18 to raise funds for cancer patients in Vietnam. The 5-km run was held by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in HCM City. In his opening remarks, TFR Vietnam Co-chair Kelly Wong said founded in Canada, the Terry Fox Run has been organised in more than 60 countries around the world. It is a non-competitive community sport event so all individuals, families and groups are welcomed to join by walking, running or cycling, he said. “I see many people suffering different types of cancer in Vietnam and the TFR Vietnam is an important event to support research and treatment of the disease,” said one of the runners, Nguyen Thi Lien from Thu Duc district. She said she hopes that the money collected will be used to help cancer patients and improve medical facilities for hospitals to deliver better services. This year’s TFR raised… Read full this story
- Hanoi, HCM City pay heavy price for poor planning
- What Really Makes People Join a Business - The Power of Integrity and Ethical Promotion
- Editor's Guide to Ocean City, Maryland
- Getting Started in Running - Beginner's Guide
- Silver City, New Mexico and the Gila National Forest and Cliff Dwellings
- Have You Looked At Peachtree City, GA, Homes For Sale?
- After Russ: It's a new start for the Oklahoma City Thunder
- ProPublica and Texas Tribune joining forces to create new investigative unit
- Strider Running Bikes - The Next "Big" Thing in Outdoor Toys
- Habs to Retire Patrick Roy's Montreal Canadiens Jersey Nov 22nd
HCM City: 24,000 people join 22nd Terry Fox Run have 292 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 18, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.