At least 12 people, including an officer, were killed late Wednesday when a gunman opened fire in a packed Southern California bar during its “college night,” leaving the community of Thousand Oaks in shock and in mourning. The lone suspect, 28-year-old Ian David Long , was found dead inside the Borderline Bar & Grill after the overnight shooting, Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean said. Authorities believe he shot himself. Long was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, Dean said. His only weapon was a legally purchased .45-caliber handgun, Dean said. Long added an extended magazine to the Glock gun, the sheriff said. Ventura County Sgt. Ron Helus, a 29-year veteran, was killed in the line of duty, Dean said. He was one of the first on the scene and was shot multiple times when he entered the bar, authorities said. Helus, 54, survived by his wife and son, was looking to retire soon, the sheriff’s office said. Instead, he made “the ultimate sacrifice,” Dean said. When the shooting report came in, the sheriff said Helus was speaking with his wife on the phone. “Hey, I got to go handle a call, I love you,” Helus told his wife, according to Dean…. Read full this story
- New Year’s Eve parties leave at least 12 dead including 2 teens as gunfire rings in 2022 across the U.S
- NYPD Officers Jason Rivera, Wilbert Mora Shot In Deadly Confrontation With Suspect Lashawn McNeil In Harlem
- Three Dead, Including Gunman, After Shooting at Louisiana Movie Theater
- Suspect identified in Milwaukee officer shooting was out on bond
- Man shoots grandmother dead as family opens presents on Christmas Day: Police
- Germany shooting: Gunman dead after killing 1, injuring 3 at Heidelberg University, police confirm
- 2nd Suspect Identified In Deputy Shooting At Brandon Mall: Cops
- St. Paul Shooting Suspect Found Dead By Officers Serving Arrest Warrant, Police Say
- West Hills Stolen Motorcycle Suspect Identified As Ruben Contreras Jr.
- Texas suspect charged with attempted capital murder after allegedly shooting three Houston police officers
Thousand Oaks shooting: 12 dead including officer, suspect identified have 322 words, post on abcnews.go.com at November 9, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.