World International Affairs French President Emmanuel Macron pushed again for the creation of a European army amid tensions with President Donald Trump, arguing that Europe “has the obligation not to let the world slip into chaos.” Speaking before Germany’s parliament (the Bundestag) on Sunday, Macron urged for closer ties between Paris and Berlin, while also calling for a unified front across the continent. The 40-year-old French leader also warned against the rise of the far-right and nationalist movements throughout Europe, and said such groups have “no memory” of the continent’s past. “There are too many powers that wish to thwart us, that interfere in our public debates, attack our liberal democracies and are trying to pit us against each other,” Macron said, the BBC reported. “And in this global order, which we have to take very seriously, our strength—our true strength—lies in unity,” he said. French President Emmanuel Macron speaks during the remembrance ceremony in the German parliament, or Bundestag, on Volkstrauertag, Germany’s national day of mourning for victims of war, on November 18 in Berlin, Germany. Michele Tantussi/Getty Images Over the past couple weeks, a war of words has developed between the French president and his counterpart in Washington. Earlier… Read full this story
- Bill Gates says Donald Trump is 'dangerous' for cutting $500million in funding to the WHO because the world 'needs them now more than ever' to stop the pandemic
- Trump vs. Tehran: 'Ripping Up Iran Deal Would Cause US Credibility to Plummet'
- Trump warns China over Covid-19 outbreak as Europe approaches 100,000 deaths
- World leaders launch plan to speed COVID-19 drugs, vaccine; U.S. stays away
- For our coronavirus future, we look to Europe, which is warily easing some restrictions
- The EU is facing a 'moment of truth' as it tackles mammoth economic crisis, Macron warns
- EU leaders in Covid-19 talks as Merkel issues lockdown exit warning
- Trump and Putin Risk Arms Race in Europe If They Don't Keep Nuclear Treaty, Warns Gorbachev
- World's biggest trials of drug to treat Covid-19 get under way in UK
- U.S. says China may have conducted low-level nuclear test blasts
Trump vs. Macron: France's President Warns of Nationalist Forces With ‘No Memory,’ Says Europe Must Unite to Prevent World ‘Chaos’ have 346 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 19, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.