Unfortunately, it won’t be coming to America. There’s a new entry-level Mercedes-Benz G-Class afoot, and it packs a torquey turbo diesel engine. Say hello to the new G 350 d – that is, unless you live in North America. This diesel-driven Merc won’t be traveling abroad, leaving American buyers with the 416-horsepower (310-kilowatt) G 550 as the entry-point for G-Class fun. Learn About The New G-Class: ⠀ 2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class: Just As Rugged, Much More Refined 2019 Mercedes-AMG G63 First Drive: Great Power, Greater Control That’s too bad, because the G 350 d sounds pretty good. The main showpiece is obviously the new engine, which is a 3.0-liter inline six that generates 286 hp (210 kW) with the help of a turbocharger. More importantly, the stout mill offers 443 pound-feet (600 Newton-meters) of torque from 1,200 to 3,200 RPM, which is nearly as much grunt as you get in the G 550’s biturbo V8. Mercedes says it’s enough to send the 350 d to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 7.4 seconds. Top speed is listed as 199 km/h, which translates to 124 mph. Gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz G 350 d 50 Photos If the engine sounds familiar, it’s because the same… Read full this story
- The cars to look forward to in 2019
- Top gear for 2019: the models to keep an eye out for
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class vs. Range Rover: which is the best luxury SUV?
- Long term report: Back to basics with the Mercedes X-Class
- The Mercedes-AMG G 63 is Merc's star car
- Diesel 'alive', survey finds; Merc's EV van; Scenic update; ambassador Jason
- Diesel is not dead for a sizeable number of motorists
- The Ford Edge Vignale SUV edges the marque upwards
- Citroen C5 Aircross is a five-star SUV for comfort and style
- Sales of new diesel cars remain in free fall in 2019
2019 Mercedes G 350 d Brings Diesel Power To The Chunky SUV have 280 words, post on www.motor1.com at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.