Between the special elections and ethics investigations, Barry’s resignation cost taxpayers more than $1 million in 2018. Her affair and resignation was the biggest Tennessean news story of 2018. In the coming weeks the Metro Council will vote on whether to censure former Nashville Mayor Megan Barry for conduct related to her affair with a police bodyguard. The possibility of an unprecedented censure is a stark reminder that 11 months after Barry announced her affair with Sgt. Rob Forrest and nine months after she pleaded guilty and resigned from office, the fallout from the scandal still hangs over Metro government. Barry’s fall from grace dimmed a still-rising star in Nashville politics and Tennessee’s Democratic ranks. Her re-election was all but certain, and her top supporters talked about higher office one day.Some still believe a political comeback isn’t out of the question, but the climb would be steep. Barry resigns: Nashville Mayor Megan Barry resigns from office as part of guilty plea to felony theft charge Instead of a popular mayor planning a re-election bid and readying herself for four more years in office, Nashville stakeholders say a pervasive lack of trust has settled over all things city government. The scandal complicated the effort for passage… Read full this story
- Canberra needs to rebuild trust with China
- SPD Leader Resignation Puts Extra Strain on Wobbling German Coalition Government
- Chief of Merkel's junior coalition partner resigns
- Winnie Madikizela-Mandela: A life of struggle
- Some on UC Berkeley faculty don’t want leader to linger
- Chechen leader's show of strength muddies loyalty to Putin
- EU leaders sign off 'tragic' divorce with Britain
- Buffalo Bishop resigns following Vatican review of his diocese
- Black Women Helped Build The Democratic Party. Now Those Leaders Say They’re Being Locked Out.
- Alka Lamba Disqualified From Delhi Assembly After Resigning From AAP, Joining Congress
9 months after Megan Barry resignation, Nashville leaders still struggle to rebuild public trust have 298 words, post on www.tennessean.com at December 15, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.