(AP) — In a year filled with heightened political vitriol, two deaths brought the nation together to remember men who represented a seemingly bygone era of U.S. politics. George H.W. Bush was a president, vice president, congressman, CIA director and Navy pilot during World War II, where he flew 58 missions and was shot down over the Pacific. As a politician, he had his fair share of critics and was voted out of office after one term as president. But the Republican reinvented himself in the years after his time in the White House, becoming a fundraiser for disaster relief and forming an unlikely friendship with the man who ousted him from office, former President Bill Clinton. John McCain was a political giant in his own right. He served as a senator for more than 30 years, ran for president twice and spent five years as a prisoner of war after being shot down during the Vietnam War. In captivity, McCain endured torture and even turned down a chance to be released early, denying the North Vietnamese military a propaganda victory. Bush died in in November at age 94, just months after the death of his wife, former first lady… Read full this story
- World Cup 2018: Gareth Southgate insists there is room for England optimism this summer
- Final electoral roll 2022: Women voters outnumber men in 15 divisions
- Pauly Shore reveals he said his final ‘goodbyes’ to friend Louie Anderson one day before comic died of cancer at 68
- Olavo de Carvalho, Bolsonaro’s Far-Right Guru, Dies at 74
- World Cup host city in boat tragedy: 11 dead as catamaran and barge crash during party
- U.S. Now Leads the World in Confirmed Cases
- India vs Australia U19 World Cup: How India and Australia Have Fared Against Each Other In Knockout Stages | Cricket News
- Teen student died after trying to retrieve shoe inside rolled-up mat in freak accident
- 'Terrified' death row killer dies by injection after gorging on last Chinese meal
- Britain rolls out the Pfizer vaccine, a huge task but a sign of hope.
Final goodbye: Roll call of some around the world who died in 2018 have 331 words, post on www.samoanews.com at December 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.