Launch FCU offers help with government shutdown
With thousands of civilian government workers now on furlough over the holiday season because of a government shutdown, Launch Federal Credit Union is offering an interest free loan for qualifying Launch FCU members who are affected.
“We are ready to assist our members who are Federal Government civilian workers who may lose pay in the coming weeks due to the government shutdown. By offering a zero percent loan based on their loss of pay, we hope that we can help them continue to make their bills and feed their families. We may have members traveling for the holidays, and we want to make sure they can get home,” said Joe Mirachi, president and CEO of Launch FCU.
“Our members need to provide for their families, even though they may be without pay until the government shutdown is over. We are providing our members with a special zero percent interest loan for up to 12 months, for the amount of one biweekly or two weekly net paychecks, up to $3,000. A Member Services Representative at any Launch FCU branch can assist members with the loan application process,” he said.
If you are not currently a member of Launch FCU and wish to apply for the loan, you may become a member by opening a savings account with a $5 deposit into a savings account. Proof of a government job is required to apply for the special loan, and you will need to provide a copy of a recent paystub. Speak to a Member Services Representative for additional details. The deadline to apply for the special loan is January 31, 2019 but may be extended if needed.
For more information go to www.Launchfcu.com or call 321-455-9400.
Brevard Zoo projects
Brevard Zoo has selected 12 conservation projects to receive funding through its Quarters for Conservation (Q4C) grant program. Seventy-four applications were received, from which the following initiatives were chosen:
- African People and Wildlife (focused on big cats in northern Tanzania)
- African Wildlife Conservation Fund (focused on endangered African wild dogs)
- Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust (focused on critically endangered Madagascar pochards)
- Elephant Connection Research Project (focused on elephants and giraffe in Zambia)
- Florida Bat Conservancy
- Florida Wildlife Hospital
- Institute for Development, Ecology, Conservation & Cooperation (focused on critically endangered Nubian flapshell turtles in South Sudan)
- International Otter Survival Fund
- Little Fireface Project (focused on critically endangered Javan slow lorises)
- Okapi Conservation Project (located in the Democratic Republic of Congo)
Saving Species (focused on orangutans, tigers and other animals in Sumatra,)
On entry, each zoo guest is given a token representing 25 cents and asked to “vote” for their favorite project. Three projects are featured at a time, rotating quarterly. More than $100,000 has been raised thus far this year, with an average of $7,000 donated to each initiative.
Business Women’s scholarship offer
The Oceanside Charter Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association is offering a scholarship in the amount of $2,000 funded through the Stephen Bufton Memorial Educational Fund to a deserving female student. Each year, local chapters of ABWA provide Stephen Bufton Memorial Scholarships (SBMEF) to female students who will be attending accredited U.S. colleges, universities and community/vocational schools. Applicants must be citizens of the United States; residents of Brevard County; and attending an accredited college or university in August 2019 with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Eligible women interested in applying for the scholarship must contact Anita Carbone at [email protected]
Applications must be completed online at www.sbmef.org by April 15, 2019. A minimum of three (3) eligible completed applications are required in order for the scholarship to be awarded. The scholarship recipient will be notified in July 2019.
To submit a Business Brief contact Wayne T. Price at 321-242-3658 or [email protected] You can also follow him on Twitter @Fla2dayBiz
- Unify Sets Timetable for Launch of its Project Ansible Unified Communications Service
- HP launches FOSS tracking project
- Jabber creator launches online identity project
- Business Objects launches data management tools
- Business Objects Launches Data Integration Tools
- AT&T's latest business discount is a 2-for-1 smartphone deal
- Small Business IT Roundup: The Latest Business Technology
- Mount Sinai launches $500M rebuilding project
- The cloud is complex, so Intel's launched a sweeping project to fix it
- GitHub launches built-in project management boards for its code repos