I like what the Packers did, and I like when they did it. What would have been accomplished by letting Mike McCarthy lame-duck his way through the next four weeks, other than keeping the franchise’s 65-year streak of never making an in-season coaching change intact? Management knew McCarthy was getting whacked, and McCarthy would have had to be blind to not know. You don’t go 4-10-1 in your last 15 games, look as listless as the Packers have looked, watch Aaron Rodgers play borderline disinterested football, and think there’s some way to salvage an era gone bad. There wasn’t. It was just time. Quite a day, all around. The Sunday of Week 13 started with Kareem Hunt telling Lisa Salters on ESPN he’s not really a bad guy, all video evidence to the contrary. It ended with three straight offside flags on the same player in what could be a transformative game for the Chargers. In the middle of that was a lot of weird: Andrew Luck losing a 6-0 game, the Falcons gaining 131 yards in a home game, Bill Belichick screaming an obscenity at All-American Boy Adam Thielen, Cam Newton throwing the Panthers out of the playoffs …… Read full this story
- Cockles coach chat – our weekly chat with Cockles head coach Steve Perry
- Scotland 13 Ireland 22, Six Nations 2019: Ireland survive loss of Johnny Sexton to hold off Scotland
- Bengals' Lewis among coaches sacked on NFL 'Black Monday'
- Marlie Packer: 'I thought I was out of the England squad'
- Pat Spillane on how coaches are driving fans to despair and he tackles four examples of 'fake news' in gaelic football
- Pat Spillane on how coaches are driving fans to despair, and tackles four examples of 'fake news' in gaelic football
- Interpros ‘defining part of our season’, says Leinster coach Fogarty
- The dates of the 13 Wales rugby team matches definitely happening in 2019
- Who’s on The Graham Norton Show this week? James McAvoy, Steve Coogan and Westlife
- Club appeals to young talent for coaching course
FMIA Week 13: Packers Fire McCarthy in Merciful Move For Coach, Team have 329 words, post on profootballtalk.nbcsports.com at December 3, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.