Vietnam officially recognized December 12 as its annual ‘Day of Pho’ at the second gala celebration of the day in Hanoi on Wednesday. Day of Pho (also called Pho Day) is an event held by Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper in celebration of the iconic Vietnamese dish now winning over the hearts and stomachs of foodies worldwide. Following the inaugural event in Ho Chi Minh City in 2017, this year’s Pho Day was organized at AEON MALL Long Bien in Hanoi, the widely accepted ‘birthplace’ of pho. At Wednesday’s gala, Phan Ngan Son, deputy director of the National Office of Intellectual property, presented Tuoi Tre editor-in-chief Le The Chu with an exclusive authorization certificate of Day of Pho, officially marking the day as national event. The Gala also hosted an awards ceremony for two contests held in conjunction with this year’s event – one focused on contributions toward the development of ‘Day of Pho’ while the other was a writing competition titled ‘Ky uc ve Pho’ (Memories of Pho) organized by Tuoi Tre. Prior to the gala, the second ‘Day of Pho’ was successfully held in Hanoi on Wednesday, attracting a number of visitors, despite cold weather and light rain. The… Read full this story
- Ho Chi Minh City Party chief talks ‘a new normal’ in battle against COVID-19
- Ho Chi Minh City university splashes out US$88mn on academic complex
- Over 1,500 Ho Chi Minh City firms dissolved in Q1 2020
- City to come cautiously back to normal life after COVID-19
- COVID-19 social distancing: Saigon seeks demotion from ‘high-risk’ to ‘at-risk’ city
- How does “new normal” practice begin in Vietnam?
- Saigon ‘beggar’ found with 12 ID cards
- Five more COVID-19 patients given all-clear across Vietnam
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 22 (updated hourly)
- Illegal sand miners make hay as Covid-19 keeps people at home
Lifestyle Vietnam officially makes December 12 'Day of Pho' Ho Chi Minh City border guards receive new patrol boats, speedboats have 300 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 13, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.