By Dave Feschuk Sports Columnist Sun., Dec. 16, 2018 SUNRISE, FLA.—They don’t talk about the NHL much on ESPN’s SportsCenter, but when they talked about it Sunday morning, they were spending considerable time dissecting the final moments of the Maple Leafs moms’ trip. Specifically, they were critiquing Bonnie Marner, mother of Maple Leafs’ leading scorer Mitch, who was captured on video attempting the floss, the dance craze inspired by the video game Fortnite, to which many a Maple Leaf, including Bonnie’s 21-year-old son, have counted themselves as devotees. “How old is too old to do the flossy dance?” wondered one of the SportsCenter anchors. “Twelve,” was the answer that came back. To which we say: Why throw so much shade on the hockey moms? As the Maple Leafs emerged from their first-annual moms’ trip with a measly one point in two games, the email inbox was frequented by suggestions that the franchise ought to leave such bonding experiences for, say, the pre-season. Having parents along, some readers contended, is too big a distraction with vital games on the line. So, ban Fortnite, a la the Vancouver Canucks. Ban mothers dancing as in Fortnite. Ban all forms of off-ice fun. Article… Read full this story
- The Buzzer: A very bad night for the Maple Leafs
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Hit Maple Leafs Game to Cheer on His Hometown Team
- Panama Papers: Ukraine's President Defiant Despite Impeachment Push
- Heidi Klum said 'a lot of people got mad' at her and called her 'a white woman' after she defended America's Got Talent when Gabrielle Union went public with claims of 'toxic work culture' on NBC variety show
- Iowa Democratic results will not be known for HOURS as fiasco deepens with party admitting they have 'inconsistencies' in the count and are using paper ballots after denying they were HACKED
- NHL Trade Deadline primer: Alec Martinez, Los Angeles Kings
- NHL Power Rankings: Teams that need to be most active at trade deadline
- NHL races to keep an eye on over the final stretch of the regular season
- NHL Power Rankings: Are the Blues in danger of falling from the Central throne?
- Revisiting 7 of the NHL’s biggest offseason trades
Maple Leafs’ talent can paper over cracks that are beginning to show have 359 words, post on www.thestar.com at December 16, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.