Families have lost their fight to stop a car storage and repairs workshop operating near their homes. Penkhull Service Station applied to change the use of The Studio site in Penkhull New Road after taking it over earlier this year. It came after the previous tenants had been running a car valeting and sales business without planning authorisation and had been served with enforcement action by Stoke-on-Trent City Council . Now residents fear a repeat of the noise and parking problems as the service station has won approval. The business is expected to operate on Mondays to Fridays, between 8am and 6pm. But two new shutters will be fitted to the premises to help reduce the impact on nearby properties. Part of the application was submitted retrospectively as the firm is already based there. The current tenants say they had mistakenly believed they were covered by planning consent, but they did not have permission at the time to store vehicles. They will be repairing cars and changing batteries and tyres in the workshop, which is near the Terrace Inn. A report drawn up for the city council’s planning committee states: “The maximum number of vehicles that would be parked on… Read full this story
- Coronavirus claims world’s biggest capacity car plant
- Bang out of order! Residents are outraged after mystery neighbour posts letters telling them their car doors are too LOUD
- Britons on Sunday evacuation flight from coronavirus-hit Wuhan will be held in isolation at a Milton Keynes conference centre for 14 days - as government 'plans China travel ban in a week'
- Coronavirus claims world's biggest capacity car plant
- Evacuation flight carrying 150 Britons leaves coronavirus-hit Wuhan bound for an isolation unit in Milton Keynes - amid MPs calls for a China travel ban
- The best sports cars for 2020
- As car insurance costs rise, the over-65s are urged to switch
- Empty streets, vacant car parks and businesses going broke: Inside the once-bustling Sydney suburb that's turned into a 'ghost town' due to coronavirus fears spread by online rumours
- Man's Leg Shattered After He Pushed Fiancée Out of the Way of Charlottesville Car Attack, She Says
- Streatham terrorist told inmates he wanted to murder an MP and mocked up jihadi-style killing in jail
Neighbour hits out at car repairs workshop: 'We just want peace and quiet' have 366 words, post on www.stokesentinel.co.uk at December 27, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.