Rep. Elijah Cummings Set to Become Powerful Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman in 2019 U.S. House of Representative Elijah Cummings (D-MD) WASHINGTON (AP) — When the word of the Lord came to Elijah, it arrived on a slip of paper tucked in a stranger’s bra. In 2017, Congressman Elijah E. Cummings had been laid up in a Johns Hopkins hospital bed for two months, crippled by pain after a difficult recovery from a heart valve replacement, when an interloper came bursting through the door, calling his name. “She reaches into her bosom and pulls out a note,” Cummings said recently. “She says, ‘The Lord has been waking me all night. … It was so important I thought I’d write it down. It says: He don’t mean you no harm, he’s just trying to get your attention. He wants you to know he ain’t finished with you yet.’” Cummings, 67, recalled this story in an interview from his district office in Baltimore. His head: freshly shaved. His eyes: puffy. His large hands: swollen by gout. He wore big-platformed Velcro sneakers, which he had been shuffling around in all day with the help of a walker. If God was trying to… Read full this story
- Trump Is Pushing Democrats to the Brink. Look at Elijah Cummings.
- Colin Powell defends personal email set-up while secretary of state
- Oversight committee chair subpoenas top oil companies
- GOP chairman: FBI should release Hillary Clinton's State Department schedules
- Judiciary Chairman Considers Subpoenas in Trump Investigation
- Reopening Hollywood: Will Prohibitive Insurance Hobble Production Restart & Will Government Have To Step In?
- Analysis: Drug pricing reform opponents win most pharma lobbying money
- Ethics watchdog finds 'substantial' evidence Rep. Malinowski failed to disclose stocks
- Jan. 6 panel moves against Bannon, sets contempt vote
- Biden sets off high-stakes scramble over spending framework
Rep. Elijah Cummings Set to Become Powerful Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman in 2019 have 294 words, post on lasentinel.net at December 4, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.