UKRAINE has called up its army reservists as it mobilises its armed forces amid fears of an imminent Russian invasion. The men, mostly former conscripts, have been summoned for training before being dispatched to the border. President Petro Poroshenko said today: “Ukraine is taking its own steps in response to the threat of a large-scale Russian invasion.” The call-up comes amid a ratcheting up of tensions after Russian FSB border guards seized three Ukrainian navy vessels and their crew last week. Ukraine imposed martial law for 30 days in 10 regions that border Russia, the Black Sea and the Azov Sea on November 28, which has banned all Russian men of military age from entering the country. President Poroshenko also called on Germany and other NATO countries such as Britain to boost their naval presence in the Black Sea to scare Russia off. But the Kremlin denounced Mr Poroshenko’s latest announcement as an “absurd” bid to stoke tensions. And it accused NATO of a massive build-up of troops and heavy weaponry along its borders with Eastern Europe. More than 12,000 alliance troops, plus tanks, air defences and combat aircraft are deployed and ready to fight at a moment’s notice. Tensions… Read full this story
- Armenia Fears Putin Isn’t Coming to Help in Nagorno-Karabakh
- A Dress Rehearsal for Defending Estonia From a Putin Invasion
- Ukraine Wants to Be Left Out of Hunter Biden Scandal, 2020 Election
- China 'finds' five Indians who were 'kidnapped' by its soldiers on the disputed Himalayan border
- China and India agree that their troops will 'quickly disengage' following months-long standoff between the nuclear-armed nations along disputed border territory
- Ukraine Preparing More Troop Withdrawals
- What Does Putin Really Think About North Korea?
- China 'KIDNAPS' five Indian citizens in disputed border territory
- Chinese soldiers armed with SPEARS are seen along disputed India border: Did Beijing look to repeat hand-to-hand combat that claimed 20 Indian soldiers' lives?
- How Russia's election meddling could backfire on Putin
Ukraine calls up army reservists as Nato ‘masses troops’ on Russian border over fears Putin is planning to invade have 315 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 4, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.