Alexandra Rojas is the executive director of Justice Democrats, the left-leaning grassroots organization that recruited Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to run for Congress. Sean McElwee is a co-founder of Data for Progress, a progressive think tank. The opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the authors; view more opinion articles on CNN. (CNN)In the 2018 midterm election, when Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ayanna Pressley upset long-time incumbent Democrats who had grown out-of-touch with their deep blue districts, progressives revealed enormous energy for change in the Democratic Party primary electorate. Alexandra Rojas Sean Mcelwee The result: A former bartender from the Bronx now has more Twitter followers than House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and is reshaping the Democratic Party and another is bravely taking to the floor of Congress to condemn Trump’s government shutdown. When new members know there’s a progressive base they need to respond to, they embrace progressive policies. Democratic voters are not afraid of primary challenges, so the party shouldn’t be either. A 2018 poll conducted by the progressive think tank Data for Progress and data analytics firm YouGov Blue showed that 54% of Democrats agree that, “Democrats should provide a clear, positive agenda to contrast with Trump and the Republican… Read full this story
- Trump loses a key court battle but wins a round in tax return fight
- Trump says 'maybe people will get tired of me – who knows?' as he DOWNPLAYS a third-party run and backs 'merit system' to determine which illegal immigrants can stay
- 'I guess you can buy followers, but not Retweets or personality?' Donald Trump Jr. mocks Michael Bloomberg after former New York mayor's 2020 campaign launch fizzles on Twitter
- Beto O’Rourke Could Be The Democrat Texas Has Been Waiting For
- Justice Democrats Name 8-Term Incumbent As First Target In Bid To Primary Moderate Democrats
- Kamala Harris ramps up push to get Donald Trump banned from Twitter for 'abuse' and 'harassment' with demand letter to company's founder
- We're the 2020 frontrunners and we love it say Trump's re-election campaign as they reveal plans to paint Democrat who wins nomination as a 'socialist'
- He Became Mayor At Just 22. Now He’s Running To Take Down A 70-Year-Old House Democrat.
- Democratic debate night 2: Fact-checking the candidates on the issues
- Michael Bloomberg's entry to presidential race raises ethics issues for his media company which announces it will no longer investigate any Democratic candidates
A Democrat who votes with Trump 69% of the time should be primaried have 388 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.