Ram won the Detroit truck wars to take the North American Truck of the Year Monday, but Korea’s Hyundai dominated the car and SUV awards. The prestigious North American Car, Truck and Utility of the Year awards kicked off the Detroit Auto Show at Cobo Hall. Genesis, Hyundai’s young luxury arm, won for car with its compact G70 sedan. Then the parent brand followed with SUV of the Year for the Hyundai Kona. The Ram 1500 held off the General Motors siblings, the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra, to take truck honors. “Consumers are seeing the same thing this jury saw in the Ram truck,” said RAM chief Reid Bigland. “In the last three months sales were up 20 percent and in the last month sales were up a whopping 47 percent.” The Ram truck wowed jurors with its sculpted styling, tablet-like infotainment screen, and tech-tastic standard features. The GMC Sierra also impressed with its six-way, MultiPro tailgate. The Genesis G70 beat out the Honda Insight and Volvo S90. The Hyundai Kona compact SUV bested the Jaguar I-Pace and Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn 2019 Car, Utility, Truck of the Year winners, nominees Fullscreen Posted! A link has been posted to your Facebook feed. Buy… Read full this story
- Hyundai Kona N Could Have 275 HP, AWD, And Dual-Clutch Automatic
- Hyundai Kona N Spied With A Little Less Camouflage
- Hyundai Veloster N Could Get Bigger Turbo 2.5-Liter Engine
- Should Genesis Do A G70 Wagon? Let This Rendering Help You Decide
- Hyundai Veloster N Lease Is $500 A Month, $100 More Than WRX
- No takers: Hyundai cars sit in US ports as virus keeps buyers away
- Cooper launches quickest ever Mini, and baboons set loose on a Hyundai hatchback
- World Press Photo Award 2020: Photos from conflict zones
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh get married again at award show, win big for Padmaavat. Watch video
- RRR: SS Rajamouli Reveals Why It’s A Task To Work With Ram Charan And Jr NTR!
Genesis G70, Ram 1500, Hyundai Kona win NACTOY awards have 315 words, post on www.detroitnews.com at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.