Holly Koscak, a parent and plaintiff in the lawsuit against the Tamaqua Area School District, speaks out against a policy to arm school staff. “I don’t believe a teacher should have to pack and carry, their sole responsibility should be to teach a student,” she said. (Jen Kinney/Keystone Crossroads) A press conference in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, Friday concluded with a heated exchange between a school board member and a resident about the wisdom of arming school staff to protect against a mass shooting. “You’re missing the point, because you are so focused on guns,” said resident Tracy Perry to school board director Nicholas Boyle, who has spearheaded the new policy. Perry advocated better securing buildings and adding a buzzer to the front door. “The point is, make our schools secure and safe, period. And that’s a simple thing. But you’re unwilling to do the most minor thing and jump directly to this promotion of armed staff.” The press conference was called to announce a lawsuit against a policy that will allow some school staff to anonymously carry firearms on school grounds. Four plaintiffs with children or grandchildren in the Tamaqua Area School District are suing. The policy – unanimously approved by the school board… Read full this story
- In Florida Senate race, Rick Scott treads carefully around Trump
- The Psychology of Guns
- American diplomat's wife leaves country amid probe into fatal traffic accident
- 'This Week' Transcript: Sen. Claire McCaskill
- Alex Jones’ Protegé, Paul Joseph Watson, Is About to Steal His Crackpot Crown
- 'This Week' Transcript: Sen. Rand Paul and Sen. Charles Schumer
- FMIA: Kyler Murray, All-In On Arizona; Raiders, ‘All-Out’ On Antonio Brown?
- S.F. police killed Mission man as he ran away, suit claims
- Trump vs Clinton in Second U.S. Presidential Debate: Full Transcript
- An In-depth Analysis of the Crisis at Google
Parent lawsuit over armed teachers sparks heated exchange in TamaquaYou may also be interested in... have 299 words, post on www.witf.org at January 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.