The Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known internationally as the UK Parliament, British Parliament, or Westminster Parliament, and domestically simply as Parliament, is the supreme legislative body of the United Kingdom, and the British Overseas Territories. It alone possesses legislative supremacy and thereby ultimate power over all other political bodies in the UK and the overseas territories. Parliament is bicameral but has three parts, consisting of the Sovereign (the Queen-in-Parliament), the House of Lords, and the House of Commons (the primary chamber). The two houses meet in the Palace of Westminster in the City of Westminster, one of the inner boroughs of the capital city, London. The House of Lords includes two different types of members: the Lords Spiritual, consisting of the most senior bishops of the Church of England, and the Lords Temporal, consisting mainly of life peers, appointed by the Sovereign on the advice of the Prime Minister, and of 92 hereditary peers, sitting either by virtue of holding a royal office, or by being elected by their fellow hereditary peers. Prior to the opening of the Supreme Court in October 2009, the House of Lords also performed a judicial role… Read full this story
- Northern Irish Kingmakers Tell Theresa May: Don’t Betray the United Kingdom
- United Kingdom announces draft Brexit deal with European Union as opponents cry foul
- United Kingdom and European Union agree text of draft withdrawal agreement
- United Kingdom leader warns ousting her won't make Brexit talks easier
- Global lawmakers grill Facebook exec in United Kingdom parliament
- European Union pleads with United Kingdom parliament to end Brexit impasse
- Increased risk United Kingdom parliament acts to frustrate Britain's European Union exit
- Brexit battle looms as United Kingdom lawmakers attack May’s ‘Plan B’
- The Queen urges the United Kingdom to 'look for common ground'
- International Dignitaries Joining TGTE to Commemorate Genocide & Human Rights Day Event in UK Parliament
Parliament of the United Kingdom have 319 words, post on en.wikipedia.org at January 22, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.