Robert Taft Jr. was feeling good. It was just after 10 o’clock on a morning in January 2018—the beginning of what promised to be another flush day in a new era. For nearly 22 years, medical marijuana had been legal to consume in California. But since the year began, anyone 21 or older could legally buy cannabis. Taft had spent five years preparing for this moment. And for the past two weeks, since California’s Proposition 64 went into effect, his business had been booming. Taft’s dispensary, a squat, chartreuse and gray shop called 420 Central in the Orange County city of Santa Ana, was bringing in up to 600 people a day—more than five times as many as the month before, when only medical marijuana patients were allowed. Taft dropped his son at school and then picked up his usual breakfast—Aloha Goddess green juice and organic oatmeal with blueberries and bananas—and got back in his car to head to work. Then his phone rang. On the line, Taft says, was a sales representative from Weedmaps, a website and app that lists nearby dispensaries and delivery services. Though more than a dozen other sites offer a similar service, Weedmaps is one… Read full this story
- ‘You Couldn’t See Anything’: Harrowing Helicopter Rescues as California Wildfires Rage
- PG&E power line may have started the Fly Fire that merged with Dixie Fire
- Checking In on the Market's Latest Happenings and Some Retirement Tips
- He was jailed for illegally growing pot in Calif. Now his cannabis farm has a tourism license.
- This Pot Stock Is the Industry's Biggest Bargain -- and I Just Bought It
- High profile: Cannabis chemical delta-8 gains fans, scrutiny
- This Pot Stock Just Delivered a Monster Surprise for Investors
- The 3 Highest-Growth Stocks in the Market Today
- 3 Great Investments for the Next Market Crash
- 2 High-Risk, High-Reward Stocks That Could Go to the Moon
Weedmaps’ Grip on the High-Flying California Pot Market have 308 words, post on www.wired.com at January 21, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.