Chamberworks (May 18, Rollins Chapel), Handel Society (May 18), and Dartmouth Symphony Orchestra (May 19). Copyright 2014 by Rob Strong Listen to the Dartmouth Symphony Orchestra perform Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9, Copeland’s Buckaroo Holiday and Gershwin’s An American in Paris at 8 p.m., Spaulding Auditorium at Hopkins Center, 2 E. Wheelock St. Tickets cost $10 or $15. For more information, call 603-646-2422. Courtesy photograph Rob Strong For the Insider A major contributor to the arts and cultural tiara we put on our heads is the performance on Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Concord City Auditorium of the Dartmouth Symphony Orchestra – All Beethoven, directed by Filippo Ciabatti, an Italian maestro and the most approachable orchestral conductor you’ll ever meet. The 60-member orchestra includes Dartmouth’s top music students and members of the area’s professional musician community. The piano soloist for Beethoven’s “Emperor” Concerto No. 5 is Sally Pinkas, the college’s artist-in-residence. The program also includes the “Coriolan Overture” and the crowning piece is “Symphony No. 5 in C Minor.” Why is this important? One by one, symphony orchestras have left New Hampshire for greener pastures. Now comes an acclaimed symphony from Hanover, surely the “greenest” pasture in New Hampshire. It’s… Read full this story
- Aussies in Ho Chi Minh City, are you ready for the AFL and NRL on weekend?
- A Notoriously Jinxed Concert Hall Is Reborn, Again
- This Week In Music: Concerts Around Northridge & LA County
- Where To Get Free Chicken Wings On Sunday In Alameda
- Where To Get Free Chicken Wings On Sunday In Martinez
- Coronavirus In California: What To Know Sunday, May 10
- Behind the Scenes of Brandi Carlile’s IMAX Concert in Laurel Canyon, and Her New Album, ‘In the Canyon Haze’
- Ukraine: Zelensky's heroes shoot down Kalibr missiles over cities 'Target destroyed'
- Maps show key S.F. Bay Area cities likely to break 100 degrees this week
- This Week In Music: Concerts Near Northridge & LA County
All-Beethoven concert coming to Concord City Auditorium on Sunday have 312 words, post on www.theconcordinsider.com at February 19, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.