Date created : 14/02/2019 – 14:34 New York (AFP) Coca-Cola returned to profitability in the fourth quarter Thursday, but shares fell as a disappointing profit outlook pointed to a challenging soda market.The cola giant reported quarterly earnings of $870 million, compared with a loss of $2.8 billion in the year-ago period when it was hit by one-time tax costs.Revenues fell six percent to $7.1 billion due to the sale of bottling operations to franchise companies.Volume was flat during the quarter globally, with strength in Central and Eastern Europe offset by weakness in Argentina and Central America, the company said.Full-year volume grew by two percent, led by developing markets and “slight” growth in developed markets.Coca-Cola and rivals have had a hard time boosting sales of soda due to worries about health and obesity. The company has responded with more small packages, revamps of popular diet sodas and increased offerings in water and non-soda beverages. The company forecast 2019 earnings per share would be in a range of one percent up or down from the $2.08 in 2018, significantly below the $2.28 per share seen by analytss.Shares fell 2.1 percent to $48.73 in pre-market trading. © 2019 AFP
- ‘Who needs Coca-Cola when we have kvass?’ Russia fights Western sanctions with local alternatives
- ‘The limescale just falls off’: Mrs Hinch fans share 2p trick to remove toilet bowl stains
- Commerce Commission report 'disappointing' for Nelson cereal maker
- Markets fall as traders react to latest sanctions against Russia
- NATO Launches New Non-Profit The Cinema Foundation Dedicated To Advancing Exhibition Industry
- Daily Voice | Equity allocation by FIIs would resume once outlook on rate stabilises, says Nimish Shah of Waterfield Advisors
- Billionaire Trio Behind Singapore’s Sea Ltd See Fortunes Tumble After Earnings Disappoint
- Movie Studio Profits Face More “Punishment” In 2017, Analyst Warns
- Will Home Depot's Earnings Fall in 2021?
- Analysts cut Top Glove’s earnings forecasts in view of disappointing 2Q results, higher operating costs
Coca-Cola shares fall on disappointing profit outlook have 303 words, post on www.france24.com at February 14, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.