By Bart Biesemans BRUSSELS (Reuters) – A Belgian court’s decision to overturn a ruling forcing it to repatriate two Belgian women convicted of being Islamic State militants and their six children from Syria has left their family devastated. The grandmother of the six children, aged from 11 months to seven years, has been trying for more than a year to bring them back from Syria, where they are being held by U.S.-backed Kurdish militias. When a judge ordered the state in December to do everything possible not only to bring the children back but also their mothers, she had begun to prepare for their homecoming. Pink and blue backpacks hang under pegs with the children’s names in the hallway of her home near Antwerp ready for them to return to school. She has been sending their mothers – her daughter Bouchra Abouallal, 25, and step-daughter Tatiana Wielandt, 26, – school material via WhatsApp for them to prepare. “The girls are devastated, too,” Fatiha, who has a different last name from her daughter but asked for it not to be used for the safety of her grandchildren, told Reuters, choking on tears over the phone on Thursday. European nations are wrestling… Read full this story
- Supporters Begin Flocking to New Islamic State Leader
- Displaced by Islamic State, Yazidis Find Harsh Conditions in Turkey
- British-born Jihadi bride, 25, who lost an arm in a Syrian airstrike calls the children killed in the Manchester bombing 'victims of war'
- Tory MPs revolt over plans to keep children off school until after Easter amid warnings Covid crackdowns are creating a ‘lost generation’
- Kids sleep calculator works out exactly what time children should go to bed each night
- Joe Biden's Treasury nominee Janet Yellen tells Congress to act on 'widespread devastation' caused by COVID by passing $1.9tn package or face even longer recessions
- Belgian rioters attack the king's car with him inside in violent unrest over death in police custody of black man who was arrested for breaking coronavirus curfew
- States With the Biggest Native American Populations
- 1,400 orphans in S.F.: Devastating Spanish flu didn’t spare the young
- Katsina: Pay ransom, free our children from bandits, grieving parents beg FG
Family devastated by Belgian ruling not to bring back Islamic State children have 355 words, post on www.euronews.com at February 28, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.