Robert Snell The Detroit News Published 2:43 PM EST Feb 21, 2019 Warren — Pain pill scalpers roamed the parking lot at a Macomb County clinic embroiled in one of the nation’s largest health care fraud cases, chugging booze, smoking weed and buying drugs hot off the prescription pad, according to the FBI. The FBI painted a deadly portrait of life inside Pain Center USA, which rose to prominence amid the nation’s opioid epidemic, as part of its federal filing to convince a judge to approve the seizure of almost $26 million from the clinic’s owner and medical team. Until federal agents shut down the clinic in December, Warren’s Pain Center USA had an armed guard, a body count and standing orders for patients to undergo unnecessary back injections in exchange for pain pills, according to a briefly unsealed search warrant affidavit obtained by The News. The affidavit included allegations that, if proven, offer a glimpse inside what investigators call one of the largest health care fraud cases in U.S. history. Clinic owner Dr. Rajendra Bothra of Bloomfield Hills, an internationally acclaimed surgeon, and five other doctors face prison time if convicted. All have had not guilty pleas entered on their behalf. The affidavit shows how the FBI infiltrated the clinic with an… Read full this story
- ‘Fat, Dumb and Happy’: Fourth Executive Charged as Feds Dish on UAW-FCA Conspiracy
- DOJ lawsuit shows feds were aware of VW diesel tricks in 2014
- Every NBA Team's Weakest Link Heading into the Draft and Free Agency
- Mexico says failed raid to arrest El Chapo's son was pushed for by American officials because 'he was pumping fentanyl into the US'
- The Biggest Developments from Every NFL Team's OTAs
- The best TV performances of 2015
- NBA Trade Big Board: Ranking the Top 10 Players to Be Dealt This Season
- Ariana Kukors files civil suit against USA Swimming, Sean Hutchison, Mark Schubert
- Google Turns Over Identities of Bloggers on Benfica
- Every NFL Team's Player with the Most to Prove in Minicamp
Feds detail alleged 'pill mill' scheme at Warren pain center have 326 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.