Stock markets wax and wane. The period of time in which they move from a state of expansion (bull market) to one of contraction (bear market), before expanding again is known as the “market cycle”. Last year was an extremely difficult one for stock markets, prompting much commentary as to which ones had “corrected” (falls of between 10% and 20% from a recent peak) and which were technically in a bear market (falls of 20% or more). Experienced market participants say that a gruelling 2018 might be a precursor to a better 2019 (see Schroders’ outlook for the coming year). However, a more challenging environment may be here to stay given the uncertainties facing the global economy. The speed at which quantitative easing (QE)1 is scaled back and global interest rates rise from this point onwards is unclear. US-China trade relations could improve or worsen, political tensions elsewhere might deteriorate or be resolved – these are just some of the unknowns ahead. During the past decade, investors have enjoyed some very rewarding times when shares have spent protracted periods moving higher in lockstep with each other. More recently, share price correlations have fallen while volatility2 and performance “dispersion” have risen… Read full this story
- Fear not! Multiple charts show Indian equities in comfort zone
- What’s really driving up the equity markets? It’s not just liquidity
- BofA says its clients increase equity allocation to near record levels
- Indian stock indices top the charts
- September 2021 Moneycontrol Market Sentiment Survey | Equities remain preferred asset class among investors
- Has Prashant Jain finally managed to revive HDFC mutual fund’s equity schemes?
- MCA: 51% bumi equity for freight forwarders against country's goals of creating pro-business environment
- The Challenge of Achieving Equity in the Future of Work
- An Unprecedented Year For Private Equity Is Spilling Into The Middle Market
- New investors should stagger their equity MF bets: Experts
Five charts to gauge the environment for equities have 299 words, post on www.cityam.com at February 13, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.